Read our tips and learn how to safely use the Dubizzle
How to safely sell?
- Make sure to inform the buyer of any defects in the item you are selling.
- Use only simple payment methods that you trust and are familiar with, especially cash payments
- In any case, do not send copies of your documents, personal data and most importantly financial information
- Don’t deal with buyers who keep on constantly changing the meeting place or calling from different mobile numbers.
- If you see the buyer waiting for you in his car and he wants to check the item, ask him kindly to get out of the car to check it outside; it is always better in a public place you have both chosen.
How to buy safely?
- Always meet the seller at a safe location such as Metro stations, shopping malls or any famous meeting point.
- Don’t forget to inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams. This also applies to house rentals
- Trust your guts and watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is.
- Avoid items that have suspiciously lower prices than what is offered in the market.
- Don’t deal with buyers who insist on asking for your personal information such as your full name, age, bank account, etc.
- Never send an advance partial or full payment, or use a debit card to pay someone you do not know before collecting your item
- Remember, it is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
How to take care of the security of your account?
Never reveal the login and password of your account. Think of a difficult password, consisting of a minimum of 6 characters, including at least one digit. For safety reasons, we do not recommend storing the password in the browser. If you feel that someone knows your password - change it to a new one.
How to take special care?
Be careful if the price of the product is clearly undervalued. Pay special attention if the seller avoids personal collection of the product with respect to your request on the site or send COD. Be careful when you are entering into a transaction with the user whose account was found recently on the Dubizzle site or when it is written in a way that seems like a template or automatically translated
What should I do if I suspect someone to be a fraudulent buyer or seller?
Please contact us, at Legal Issues if you suspect someone to be acting fraudulently on Dubizzle . We also urge you to notify the local Police immediately if you have been a victim of fraud. We would gladly provide them with any information they might need upon their request. Don’t hesitate to send us a message filling out the contact form so that we can block the account of the person after conducting the necessary investigation.